What is the Ford I Accelerator?
Ford Plc have partnered with EDI to create the Ford I Accelerator. Year 12 and year 13 students will have the opportunity to participate in the Ford I Accelerator virtual work experience programme for 5 days. Learn about Ford, work on a live business challenge and gain valuable skills transferable to the workplace.
Dates: 24-28 October 2022
Deadline: Monday 17th October 2022
Location: Virtual Experience with final presentations at the Fords offices
Time: 9:30 – 4:00 – AM: Workshops PM: Flexible working
(Places will be allocated upon application so do not delay)
Who is the Ford I Accelerator open to?
- The I Accelerator will be open to students from Black and Ethnic Minority backgrounds
- The project brief will utilise skills across various subjects including technology, business and humanities
- Year 12/13 students
To be fast tracked for the Ford Degree Apprenticeships students must meet the following criteria:
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or 6 including English & Maths & preferably another STEM subject
- 3 A-Levels BBC (for IT including 1 STEM subject)
- or 104 UCAS points Equivalent
- or BTEC level 3- including STEM)
How will the Ford I Accelerator work?
- Each student will work in a team of 5 to develop a solution to the challenge presented
- Various workshops will be delivered by Ford throughout the week
- Students will develop a presentation to be delivered to senior managers in Ford on the final day of the work experience
- Students will also have the opportunity to build their professional network
- Insight to careers – providing insights to the broad spectrum of careers available
- Personal development – develop skills and attributes valued in the workplace
- Networking opportunities – connect with diverse professionals
- Personal brand development – define what makes you stand out
- Interview practice – develop the skills needed to compete in today’s job market
What happens next?
Once you complete your form, successful candidates will be invited to an online interview. On completion of the interview you will be advised, as to whether you have secured a place on the programme.